I realize my posts lately have revolved more around shopping and clothes rather than Freja. I guess this must be a result of fashion month having just ended, the season changing from summer to fall (and thus necessitating a new wardrobe) and fall sales starting in anticipation of the holiday shopping season. Anyway, I thought some of you might want to know that Freja's wearing Balenciaga boots in this picture.
Perhaps another take-away from walking the show? Her style really has evolved since the beginning of her career. Gone are the Kawasakis and Rag & Bone leather jacket. In their place we have Balenciaga nearly from head to toe. Change is good. It's a sign of growth, maturity and acceptance of the evolving world around you. No one wants to be the same forever. I'm just surprised we didn't see this change happen sooner. Most new girls seem to buy into the hype and perks surrounding them almost immediately, not that that's a bad thing at all. For example, new face Keke Lingard is already sporting Acne wedges, the season's hottest shoe. During Freja's first season, she was still wearing her Kawasakis.
It seems like it took a little longer for Freja to accept her place in the fashion industry and her role as a model. She debuted during the FW0506 and we only started to see designer duds creep into her wardrobe last FW0910 season, starting with this Balenciaga leather bag.
I realize it may seem ludicrous to some of you that I'm using Freja's sartorial choices as an indicator of where she is in life and her relationship to fashion. I'm probably projecting, but I think you'd have to be blind not to notice a marked change in Freja over the last two seasons. Her approach to work, the type of work she doing and the quantity of it are different and I'm just curious as to why. I see evidence of this change most obviously in her style so maybe that's another reason why I've been doing so many clothes posts recently. I don't purport to know the real facts or give definite answers...I just want to make observations and provoke some thought.
Image Credits: coolhunt.net, barneys.com, superfantasticpicturetime, pic taken by tFS member devondevore
Popular
-
This is an orphan post - one of those that had a ton of potential, but just didn't come to full fruition. A little over four months ago,...
-
I think I'm within the statute of limitations for Thanksgiving, so let me say I am also thankful for past contributors sending me photos...
-
Back in August, I met Sarah on the West 4th Street subway platform in Manhattan. Sarah had eight tattoos at the time of our encounter, and s...
-
I just got issue #29 of Self Service magazine. If you'll remember, it has Eniko on the cover in weird face paint and a long, multi-girl ...
-
Milan FW0910 - 10 shows total, 1 opening slot Burberry Prorsum (2 looks) Alberta Ferretti Emilio Pucci Gucci (2 looks) Marni (3 looks) Rober...
-
Its the time of the year again i am going to be tattooing in the great white north for only a few days Dec21st, 22nd and 23rd message me fo...
-
I was walking up Seventh Avenue back in August when I spotted Michael, taking on break on the sidewalk, soaking in the summer pedestrian tra...
-
Our next tattooed poet is Josh Fernandez , who estimates he is about 40% covered. "At this rate," he says, "I'll probably...






0 comments:
Posting Komentar