I'm still in a daze. A wonderful, dreamy daze.
The word classic comes to mind. There's just something to be said for a beautiful cover with a beautiful model. Yes, beautiful. Even if you're not a Freja fan it would be ludicrous to say that she isn't beautiful. I know it's subjective, but please let's be real. I know it's too early to say, and of course I'm biased, but I hope this cover becomes an iconic one in the history of VI, simply for what it stands for and for what it means to models. After all, Freja is a model who has seemingly defied all norms and odds to reach the pinnacle of success in her field.
No frills (except for the clothes), no thrills; just clean, straightforward, feminine beauty. Thank you Meisel for getting over whatever qualms you had and finally making this happen. Freja fans around the world are rejoicing right now for sure. And thank you fashion industry for showing everyone that hard work, perseverance, dedication to craft, and steady evolution CAN win out in the end sometimes; that luck and fickleness are not always the major determining factors in a model's career. Speaking for all the long time fans out there (and there are many), I can say that we're absolutely elated and that this couldn't have happened to a better more deserving model. I'm sure everyone reading this is a fan, but if you're not you have to at least respect what Freja has been able to accomplish over half a decade in an industry notorious for treating models like they literally are a dime a dozen.
Anyway, the features of Freja's face are unique in that they are both strong and delicate. This explains why she can go from doing androgynous editorials like this one, to feminine ones like this one. It's a very rare face that can handle both types of styling and aptly express such two different sides so well. Some people may not understand this feminine Freja, but it's something I've been hoping to see again for a very long. It's something who's lack of I've complained about countless times on this blog. Perhaps Freja's personality and off-duty street style have created an overshadowing persona, inhibiting some people from seeing anything else but androgyny? Well, it's their utter loss. And no matter, because the people who count can see it too and this cover is proof positive. Bravo Meisel. Brava Freja. Your fans have never been more proud!
Image Credits: vogue.it via tFS member tarsha
Popular
-
This is an orphan post - one of those that had a ton of potential, but just didn't come to full fruition. A little over four months ago,...
-
I think I'm within the statute of limitations for Thanksgiving, so let me say I am also thankful for past contributors sending me photos...
-
Back in August, I met Sarah on the West 4th Street subway platform in Manhattan. Sarah had eight tattoos at the time of our encounter, and s...
-
I just got issue #29 of Self Service magazine. If you'll remember, it has Eniko on the cover in weird face paint and a long, multi-girl ...
-
Milan FW0910 - 10 shows total, 1 opening slot Burberry Prorsum (2 looks) Alberta Ferretti Emilio Pucci Gucci (2 looks) Marni (3 looks) Rober...
-
Its the time of the year again i am going to be tattooing in the great white north for only a few days Dec21st, 22nd and 23rd message me fo...
-
I was walking up Seventh Avenue back in August when I spotted Michael, taking on break on the sidewalk, soaking in the summer pedestrian tra...
-
Our next tattooed poet is Josh Fernandez , who estimates he is about 40% covered. "At this rate," he says, "I'll probably...
-
Paris FW0910 - 14 shows total, 1 closing slot Balenciaga Balmain (2 looks) Rick Owens (2 looks) Isabel Marant (2 looks) Loewe (2 looks) Karl...

0 comments:
Posting Komentar