Let's face it. If we could have our way Freja would be on the cover of every magazine in every country, every month. She came close to something like that in August with her three covers, two of them for major market editions of Vogue, but September is turning out pretty well too...especially if you live in Korea.
I know from past comments left on this blog that Freja has a pretty big fan base in Korea, so good job guys. Way to have her on the September covers of two of your country's magazines. September issues are always a big deal, so I suppose its a coup (and honor) to be on two of them in the same market.
As for the covers themselves, I think Allure made a great choice to reprint a shot from Freja's Vogue UK editorial shot by Josh Olins. It's a story that I've come to appreciate more after I learned about it's inspirations. And seeing it in the actual magazine is amazing as well.
My initial impressions about Vogue Korea are less than stellar. It's a striking image for a cover to be sure, but like someone on tFS pointed out, Freja really does look like an "angry mushroom." But maybe this is an instance where the visual appeal of the cover model is sacrificed for the visual impact of the whole cover image; because graphically, that is a cover that would definitely make me stop in my tracks.
One thing I can say for sure is that Freja continues to show her range and versatility, all while maintaining the essence of what makes her unique and identifiable to her fans. It's a fine balance to be able to strike so well. Going from soft, delicate and gentle, to menacing, forceful and strong. Only a few models can do it so well, and we should all be proud that Freja is one of them.
Image Credits: book.interpark.com via tFS member SheilaM, libro.co.kr via tFS member P i e t r i n n
Popular
-
Today's tattooed poet is Traci Brimhall , who shares this single word with us: Traci explains: "I got my tattoo last April during t...
-
Inilah foto tattoo Syahrini yang beredar di internet yang memperlihatkan tattoo Syahrini terdapat di bagian perut bawahnya. Saking asyiknya ...
-
Paris was one frenetic whirl of big designers names and shows. Freja easily had her best showing here out of all the cities, adding to the t...
-
Had alot of fun with this one. All the black is healed and a couple scars under there. Healed photos soon.
-
We have touch down in Paris! After a disappointing absence at Dries Van Noten yesterday, Freja finally made her first runway appearance in P...
-
I was flipping through the latest issue of Vanity Fair and a picture of Karl and Freja caught my eye. It was taken at the Chanel Soho party ...
-
Check out this interesting tattoo on the inside of John's upper left arm: This piece was inked at Top Hat Tattoo in Rocky Point on Long...
-
This Knife is massive like a foot and a half long. Sometimes doing really simple big tattoos is fun.
-
Back at the end of August, I met a woman in Borders Penn Plaza who shared this tattoo: This tattoo depicts Lourdes (officially, Our Lady Of ...


0 comments:
Posting Komentar