(Edited to add HQs)
Live From New York
V Magazine September 2009
Ph: Mario Sorrenti
Well, we finally know what these candid shots were for....a new V Magazine editorial co-starring Sasha, shot by Mario Sorrenti! I just think it's refreshing to see a new take on shooting in the streets. I'm a sucker for unique perspectives and city shooting. And I'm happy to see Freja back in the pages of V and working with Sorrenti again.
Early on in Freja's career you couldn't flip through V without seeing her. Most notably, she had that amazing cover with Daria and Gemma and this sexy editorial also shot by Sorrenti. Nice to see some things returning to fine form. She's been working with such awesome photographers lately. Terry for Purple Magazine, Willy for Vogue Russia and now Mario. I really like it when she's paired with edgier, riskier photographers instead of the more conventional ones. The resulting work is way better and I think it pushes Freja to her modeling boundaries.
ETA: Too bad these shots aren't in color. That would have been something to see. The last two shots are my favorite. I love how the lines of Freja's and Sasha's bodies compliment the lines of the city landscape. And everything about the last shot is arresting and completely captivating. Notice the Ed Hardy Energy Drink cans on Freja's head a la the FW0910 Alexander McQueen show? Brilliant! Especially when you see it paired with the FW0910 Balenciaga look and it's reliance on drapery. I could go on, but I think I'll do another post after I have some more time to digest and analyze. :)
Image Credits: vmagazine via tFS member TERRYWORLD, amazon.com, style.com
Popular
-
I was fortunate enough to come across a copy of the March 2009 issue of Vogue Korea with Freja on the cover. I don't believe her whole e...
-
I met Laine earlier this month in Penn Station and she shared this, one of her "eight or nine" tattoos: Laine explained that he...
-
For the 11th consecutive time in her career, Freja walked in the Marc Jacobs show last night. In fact, she closed the show wearing a shimme...
-
When I met Sean last month, he had several tattoos to choose from. We ended up selecting this piece, on his left wrist: Granted, there's...
-
Tattoo 3D (3dimensi) ini biasanya dibuat di lengan atau badan dan dibuat untuk memberikan kesan gambar realistis. Terkadang memberikan kes...
-
Sorry for the lack of updates recently. Chalk it up to a holiday weekend here in the states, lack of new Freja news, and the fact that I thi...
-
OK, the number of comments and e-mails that I've received telling me about this video probably means that you all want me to post it. So...
-
I love the playful side that Freja has been showing us backstage this season. I know that you can't really tell much from pictures, but ...
-
Today's tattooed poet is Will Roby. It is also the birth date of the philosopher, Ludwig Wittgenstein . You might think these two items ...
-
I consider the job of a model to be a beautiful blank canvas -- a vehicle through which a designer conveys his or her creative point of view...












0 comments:
Posting Komentar