Yesterday I was walking around Penn Station during lunch, as is my normal workday routine. I saw quite a few tattoos, but nothing seemed to impress. I was hoping to chance upon something a little more original than flowers, dragons and skulls.
I spotted a young woman talking to a few other people and a few of them had tattoos. I sauntered on over, figuring between them, I'd see something interesting. I wasn't disappointed.
Among the group was Mark, who shared this tattoo on the back of his calf:
Those are mushrooms. More specifically, psilocybin mushrooms, which have hallucinogenic properties.
The artist was the woman I initially spotted, a freelance "underground" tattooist from Oakland, California who gave her name as Steiner Ella.
Thanks to Mark and Steiner for sharing this cool tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!
This entry is ©2012 Tattoosday.
If you are reading this on another web site other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.
Popular
-
I just got issue #29 of Self Service magazine. If you'll remember, it has Eniko on the cover in weird face paint and a long, multi-girl ...
-
In this, our last post from the 2013 New York City Tattoo Convention , we're looking at a huge rib piece offered up by Mark: Along with ...
-
Yesterday marked the anniversary of the death of Norman "Sailor Jerry" Collins, so it seems appropriate to share the following tat...
-
This might be a little pre-mature, but the source is pretty reputable. I think Freja might have the upcoming FW1011 Chanel campaign with A...
-
Yes, you Karl Lagerfeld. You, who have been the biggest and most loyal supporter of Freja. You, designer of Chanel, Fendi and up until this ...
-
This is an orphan post - one of those that had a ton of potential, but just didn't come to full fruition. A little over four months ago,...
-
One of the perks of randomly going up to people with interesting tattoos is that I have, over the years, met several burlesque performers. W...
-
Not only can you see Freja in the pages of mainstream magazines ads for Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Valentino; you can also see her all over t...
-
We have scans of Freja's second editorial in Vogue Germany, once again thanks to tFS member candlebougie! Asta Nielsen Vogue Germany Oct...
0 comments:
Posting Komentar