I met Ryan back in July outside of Penn Station. He had a bunch of tattoos. I interviewed him and took some pictures. He was with friends.
I'd love to dub this an orphan post, but all the required elements are here. It just didn't sit right with me.
After blogging about tattoos for more than five years, I have pretty good instincts about people. I can tell when they're interested in the project and I can tell when they're not, usually within the first ten or fifteen seconds of my starting up a conversation with them.
With apologies to Ryan if I misread him, but I felt like he really wasn't very interested in talking to me. But to give him credit, he did. This is one of the reasons that this piece didn't show up until almost five months after the fact.
That said, let's proceed.
Ryan shared this tattoo:
Note that it's hard to see from the shot that this heart has wings that roll back around the arm:
Ryan explained that he once was in a band called the Aristocants. Perhaps it is because they have added an "n" to Aristocats, but I am unable to find anything about them online.
What I gathered from Ryan about this tattoo was this: He was in a band called the Aristocants from 2002-2006. In the band with him were bass and guitar players Chad and Brandon who designed the logo on which the tattoo is based. ("They drew it up together ... mixed and matched and collaborated.") Ryan took the design to another friend, Chris Hudgins, who worked at a shop in Nevada called House of Pain. The rest is history.
I am unable to find anything on the artist, the shop and, as previously mentioned, the band.
Thanks to Ryan for sharing this interesting tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!
This entry is ©2012 Tattoosday.
If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.
Popular
-
One of the perks of randomly going up to people with interesting tattoos is that I have, over the years, met several burlesque performers. W...
-
This might be a little pre-mature, but the source is pretty reputable. I think Freja might have the upcoming FW1011 Chanel campaign with A...
-
We have scans of Freja's second editorial in Vogue Germany, once again thanks to tFS member candlebougie! Asta Nielsen Vogue Germany Oct...
-
In this, our last post from the 2013 New York City Tattoo Convention , we're looking at a huge rib piece offered up by Mark: Along with ...
-
Yesterday marked the anniversary of the death of Norman "Sailor Jerry" Collins, so it seems appropriate to share the following tat...
-
One of the drawbacks of approaching folks in Penn Station as I pass through after work is that, if they're waiting for a train, and thei...
-
I met Carlos at the New York City Tattoo Convention earlier this month, and he shared this great tattoo: Carlos told me that this tattoo wa...
-
Not only can you see Freja in the pages of mainstream magazines ads for Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Valentino; you can also see her all over t...
-
Last month along Eighth Avenue, I spotted Phillip, who had a ton of traditional ink. In fact, he had just had work done on his neck, rocking...
0 comments:
Posting Komentar