Huge, huge thank you to tFS member nothingless for getting HQs of this old editorial. I had been looking for high quality images for a long time without any luck, and nothingless was generous and kind enough to help me out by getting the images from art+commerce.
Art of Melancholy
Vogue Nippon March 2008
Ph: Solve Sundsbo
This is one of my favorite editorials featuring Freja. The vibe of the shoot is just so alluring. Maybe it's her glistening skin or the vibrant colors of the clothes against the homogeneous desert backdrop. But the images absolutely pull you in. Can't you just feel the sun's rays radiating down on your skin? Can't you feel the dry and dusty desert air whip around the beads of sweat forming on your neck? The isolationism often associated with this harsh landscape is perfectly captured here with the eerily decrepit setting and long shadows. Add to this mix Freja's brooding stare and nonchalant body language and you really have the art of melancholy.
Image Credits: art+commerce via tFS member nothingless
Popular
-
I was flipping through the current issue of W magazine and saw this new Chanel Eyewear ad. It's slightly different from the one we'v...
-
Tom Ford Eyewear F/W 10.11 Ph: Tom Ford Other Models: Nicholas Hoult Now that the full campaign has been released, you can see why Ford went...
-
Our next tattooed poet is Sammi Skolmoski, a returning contributor, who first appeared last year here on the Tattooed Poets Project. She te...
-
Last month I ran into a young lady who called herself "Good Time Sam" in Penn Station. She was very enthusiastic about sharing one...
-
In all the excitement I nearly forgot that the Milan shows ended. Milan Fashion Week F/W 10.11 - 12 Shows Total 2 Opening Slots 1 Closing Sl...
-
So I haven't been as motivated or inspired to post much the last few days. Maybe that's because there's really not much to post ...
-
Thanks to a tip I got, here is a picture of Freja from 1994. It was posted on her official site. The nose, dimple and smile are unmistakable...
-
The third and final installment of Vice's Tattoo Age is up: This concluding segment was really cool. There's less tattooing and m...
-
Burung elang (Eagle) biasanya melambangkan keperkasaan kaum pria sehingga tattoo elang ini lebih banyak disukai kaum pria.
-
This incredible back piece belongs to Aisha, a former New Yorker who now resides in Florida. I met her last month at the corner of 36th Stre...













0 comments:
Posting Komentar