I've never been this underwhelmed by Freja's presence in an editorial. Perhaps my expectations were raised too high when I first heard about the ed. How can you go wrong with Inez and Vinoodh shooting Freja and Raquel? The first preview image seemed promising, even though Freja was relegated to the role of masculine, androgynous model once again. Even though it's a hackneyed role for her, Freja still could have been amazing, especially with Raquel playing the counterpoint.
What we get instead is Freja confined in the background, mostly as a prop. She doesn't even change outfits. The two main players in the editorial are clearly Raquel and all the amazing contemporary art. Both deliver so well that I wonder why Inez and Vinoodh even used Freja at all? She's a great model, so I'd rather have them take advantage of her skill then stick her casually in the back because that's just a tease.
Anyway, this editorial is long, but really amazing despite Freja's underwhelming presence. The art history lover in me is thrilled by the artists and pieces included. And Raquel shows how amazing she is once again, and why she's been in the industry for so long. You'd be hard pressed to find someone better than her to emulate and interact with the art the way she does.
Art and Commerce
W Magazine October 2009
Ph: Inez and Vinoodh
Popular
-
Our next tattooed poet is Sammi Skolmoski, a returning contributor, who first appeared last year here on the Tattooed Poets Project. She te...
-
I was flipping through the current issue of W magazine and saw this new Chanel Eyewear ad. It's slightly different from the one we'v...
-
A couple weeks back, on an unseasonably warm and sunny February day, I spotted Steve on Penn Plaza , wearing a short-sleeve shirt, with some...
-
Shrink to Fit Vogue Italia April 2010 Ph: Steven Meisel Styling: Karl Templer Other Models: Abbey Lee Kershaw, Amber Valletta, Angela Lindva...
-
Today we are checking out an awesome traditional half-sleeve by Charlie Foos at Reade Street Tattoo Parlour . I spotted it on Andrea outside...
-
So when people come into the shop and have really old tattoos and want us to cover them up or re-do them I try and tell them how awsome the ...
-
In all the excitement I nearly forgot that the Milan shows ended. Milan Fashion Week F/W 10.11 - 12 Shows Total 2 Opening Slots 1 Closing Sl...
-
So I haven't been as motivated or inspired to post much the last few days. Maybe that's because there's really not much to post ...


































0 comments:
Posting Komentar