Freja opened the Chanel Haute Couture show today, firmly entrenching herself as one of Karl's favorite female models, not that there was any doubt about this in the first place. Was this any surprise? Did we expect any less? After all, I would say that Freja is now the female equivalent of Brad/Baptiste, but I don't mean that with any derision. It's just a fact of the fashion world that I've come to accept and even enjoy because of the comfort and dependability it brings. Fashion cycles are always so rapid and turnovers always so quick, that it's quite refreshing to know you can count on the Freja/Karl relationship. And Karl seems less territorial with Freja so she's free to work with other people as recent work can attest to. I may complain and I may whine, but I do always look forward to seeing Freja walk down that Chanel runway.
Karl gave hints that the show would be "neon baroque" but I thought it was more "Bride of Frankenstein in outer space during the springtime." I guess that doesn't make nearly as good of a sound byte and it's quite a mouthful to say. Although I can see where Karl is coming from because the color palate for this collection is quite bright, especially compared to last years' all white spring Haute Couture show. And the presence of high, fluffy collars and culottes brought in that baroque feel.
My Bride of Frankenstein reference comes from the hair, especially with those silver streaks running throughout. And all the metallic accents and accessories, but specifically the shoes, give me that outer space feel. There just seemed to be a general sheen and shinyness to the whole show, most ardently and ferociously summed up by the final look.
Regardless, it was a stunning collection. Not my favorite, but some looks were just so beautiful.
And it was nice to see a mixture of both old and new girls. You had Freja, Heidi, Isabeli, Lara, Anja and Abbey (with her taking honors as the bride) on the one hand. Then Lisanne De Jong, Mirte Maas, Jenny Sinkaberg, Marlene Szoka (!!) and Valerija Kelava (!!!) on the other. I love seeing new girls for Chanel and I'm happy that some of the more unexpected, but no less exceptional, girls got to walk.
Image Credits: catwalking.com, coutorture, moviechopshop.com
Popular
-
This is an orphan post - one of those that had a ton of potential, but just didn't come to full fruition. A little over four months ago,...
-
I think I'm within the statute of limitations for Thanksgiving, so let me say I am also thankful for past contributors sending me photos...
-
Back in August, I met Sarah on the West 4th Street subway platform in Manhattan. Sarah had eight tattoos at the time of our encounter, and s...
-
I just got issue #29 of Self Service magazine. If you'll remember, it has Eniko on the cover in weird face paint and a long, multi-girl ...
-
Milan FW0910 - 10 shows total, 1 opening slot Burberry Prorsum (2 looks) Alberta Ferretti Emilio Pucci Gucci (2 looks) Marni (3 looks) Rober...
-
Its the time of the year again i am going to be tattooing in the great white north for only a few days Dec21st, 22nd and 23rd message me fo...
-
I was walking up Seventh Avenue back in August when I spotted Michael, taking on break on the sidewalk, soaking in the summer pedestrian tra...
-
Our next tattooed poet is Josh Fernandez , who estimates he is about 40% covered. "At this rate," he says, "I'll probably...










0 comments:
Posting Komentar