Yes, you read that right. Pigs are flying, hell has frozen over, the fat lady has sung; employ whatever other cliche you can muster up to describe the situation because it's happening. Freja is in the March 2010 issue of American Vogue, shot by Steven Meisel. It's a studio shoot also featuring Lara, Liya, Karlie, Mirte and Rianne. (What a cast!) The biggest surprise of fashion week (for me) isn't happening at all on the runways, but in the pages of magazines.
I guess it was a matter of time before this happened though. We had inklings that more could come when Freja worked with Meisel twice in a row for Vogue Italia at the beginning of the year. And some of us knew an upcoming collaboration was imminent. Thanks to the excellent sleuthing by commentator Amber in the comments section of this old post, we saw this tweet nearly a week ago from a "model mole."
I didn't want to believe it at first because anyone can say anything on the internet. But they were spot on about the March collaboration. About the zero beef? Well, I don't know if I buy that part yet. But that's all water under the bridge now.
Maybe this editorial is the stepping stone to an only-girl editorial? A vogue Italia cover? A Meisel lensed ad campaign? The possibilities seem endless now, don't they?
Popular
-
This is an orphan post - one of those that had a ton of potential, but just didn't come to full fruition. A little over four months ago,...
-
I think I'm within the statute of limitations for Thanksgiving, so let me say I am also thankful for past contributors sending me photos...
-
Back in August, I met Sarah on the West 4th Street subway platform in Manhattan. Sarah had eight tattoos at the time of our encounter, and s...
-
I just got issue #29 of Self Service magazine. If you'll remember, it has Eniko on the cover in weird face paint and a long, multi-girl ...
-
Milan FW0910 - 10 shows total, 1 opening slot Burberry Prorsum (2 looks) Alberta Ferretti Emilio Pucci Gucci (2 looks) Marni (3 looks) Rober...
-
Its the time of the year again i am going to be tattooing in the great white north for only a few days Dec21st, 22nd and 23rd message me fo...
-
I was walking up Seventh Avenue back in August when I spotted Michael, taking on break on the sidewalk, soaking in the summer pedestrian tra...
-
Our next tattooed poet is Josh Fernandez , who estimates he is about 40% covered. "At this rate," he says, "I'll probably...

0 comments:
Posting Komentar