I am all for progress, change and the democratization of fashion that the internet has brought about. It's revolutionized the industry in a very good way. But sometimes, too much is too much. Case in point: I don't see too much difference between these candid shots from the making of the Chanel F/W 10.11 campaign...
and this actual campaign shot in the current issue of W Magazine...
At the time the candids leaked, I was as happy as anyone else was to get a glimpse of Karl, Freja, and Abbey at work. But now that the ads are starting to come out, I wished I hadn't seen all those candids because the final campaign images seems less special. In fact, some of them look just like the candids but with the "Chanel" logo slapped on them. It's pretty disappointing.
But that's life. You make some sacrifices in order to make some gains. So I guess I sacrificed the element of awe in order to satisfy my curiosity early on with the candids.
Image Credits: My scan, streetlevel.com, rachel_photo flickr
Popular
-
Milan FW0910 - 10 shows total, 1 opening slot Burberry Prorsum (2 looks) Alberta Ferretti Emilio Pucci Gucci (2 looks) Marni (3 looks) Rober...
-
Freja opened the DSquared2 FW0910 show this morning in Milan. She walked out carrying a big cup of Starbucks, perhaps needing the caffeine ...
-
Modeling this after one of my favorite poetry blogs (Thank you, Ron Silliman ), here's my attempt to share some links.... Photo by Micha...
-
It has been a little while since we checked in with the good people at Vice and enjoyed one of their Tattoo Age documentaries. Earlier thi...
-
This past November, I met Meghann in Penn Station and spotted this tattoo on her arm: Meghann explained that this work is based on a paper-c...
-
Today is Freja's 22nd birthday and the one year anniversary of this blog. Yes, I started this all as a 21st birthday present to Freja o...
-
Tattoo kupu-kupu biasanya lebih disukai kaum wanita. Dalam kehidupan sehari-hari pun kupu-kupu melambangkan keindahan seorang wanita karena ...
-
I find it amusing and comical that the latest fashion "story" to break on all the fashion sites is about the appearance of the sam...
-
While we wait for the first Milan sighting, I'd thought I have a little fun here. In one corner we have Lily Donaldson, the blond hair, ...
-
Regular readers of Tattoosday may recall this post , last July, when I mentioned that a production company was looking for volunteers to g...




0 comments:
Posting Komentar