Showcards are out, and true to IMG's usual form, there's little to be had in terms of bells and whistles here. The formula being: take a recent shot, slap it on a one color background, add stats and call it a day. Minimal effort....or should I say minimal "design." But when you're an agency as big and powerful as they are, I guess you don't need a lot of superfluous visuals. You can just let the overall image, power and attractiveness of your board speak for itself. With perennial powerhouses like Lara and Freja; rising stars like Jac and Frida; and new faces like Ajak and Barbara to manage, maybe IMG doesn't have the time to shoot, design and create anything other than what they did.
Still, it would have been nice to see some creativity in their cards, not that I was really expecting it. However, this season theirs looks even more mundane when compared to the plethora of other packages, each displaying its own personality, image, and crafted message. All the other agencies seemingly stepped up their game and IMG either refuses, or doesn't feel the need to take part in the new intricacies of show package gamesmanship.
I actually go back and forth in my mind as to which approach is best. And maybe there isn't necessarily a "best" approach; but rather, an approach best suited for each particular board. It is just a bit of a letdown though. Oh well....it's a safe bet that their models will make up for it on the runway. :) Thoughts? Do you think IMG should step it up?
Also, regarding the upcoming shows: I'll probably stick to my usual method of updating for the first show in a city, and then only doing another cumulative runway update at the end of said city. This way I can avoid repetitiveness and still retain some semblance of a normal life. If you happen to be in any of the cities during the shows, tips or pictures are always much appreciated. Sad to say my NY girl on the streets Cameo won't be there this season. :( I'm so grateful that we had your kind tips for a few seasons, and we'll miss you and your updates this time around Cameo!
Image Credits: imgmodels.com
Popular
-
I just got issue #29 of Self Service magazine. If you'll remember, it has Eniko on the cover in weird face paint and a long, multi-girl ...
-
In this, our last post from the 2013 New York City Tattoo Convention , we're looking at a huge rib piece offered up by Mark: Along with ...
-
Yesterday marked the anniversary of the death of Norman "Sailor Jerry" Collins, so it seems appropriate to share the following tat...
-
This might be a little pre-mature, but the source is pretty reputable. I think Freja might have the upcoming FW1011 Chanel campaign with A...
-
Yes, you Karl Lagerfeld. You, who have been the biggest and most loyal supporter of Freja. You, designer of Chanel, Fendi and up until this ...
-
This is an orphan post - one of those that had a ton of potential, but just didn't come to full fruition. A little over four months ago,...
-
One of the perks of randomly going up to people with interesting tattoos is that I have, over the years, met several burlesque performers. W...
-
Not only can you see Freja in the pages of mainstream magazines ads for Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Valentino; you can also see her all over t...
-
We have scans of Freja's second editorial in Vogue Germany, once again thanks to tFS member candlebougie! Asta Nielsen Vogue Germany Oct...


0 comments:
Posting Komentar